Monday, February 23, 2015
a cold survival kit.
The only thing worse than being sick is being sick somewhere other than your own home. I've been sick for two weeks now, and just when I thought I was getting better, I got worse. Bleh.
While I'm grateful to be on vacation and able to rest, I'm in Henan visiting Tony's family. I do have green tea, my Kobo, and chicken noodle soup (chicken feet sometimes included, not kidding), but it's not the same.
Alas, I spent some time curled up on the couch creating a cold survival kit, alternatively titled "What I Wish I Had Right Now":
1. Cold-fighting tea: David's Tea Organic Cold 911, one of the best things I've ever discovered.
2. Comforting tea: King Cole Orange Pekoe. This will always remind me of home (as in my New Brunswick home).
3. Favourite tea mug: Kati Cup – Tea is always a good idea. I have a similar one, a gift from my best friend Alanna.
4. Bath bomb: Lush Tisty Tosty Bath Bomb. I would kill to take a hot bath right now. I was happily surprised; this bath bomb isn't as flowery as I thought it would be.
5. Essential to a good night's sleep: Vicks VapoRub. Why, oh why, didn't I bring this with me?
6. Cozy blanket: Mehari Handwoven Blanket. I don't actually own this blanket, but I wish I did. I do own a handwoven blanket from Cambodia, but of course, it's in Beijing.
7.A good book: Graduates in Wonderland: The International Misadventures of Two (Almost) Adults. I can't wait to read this.
P.S. This is the first collage I've ever made in Photoshop and the amount of proud I am of myself is ridiculous. (It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!)